Kindergarten and Pre-Kindergarten for 2018-2019 |
Kindergarten and Pre-Kindergarten for 2018-2019
It's that time of year again -- Kindergarten registrations and Pre-Kindergarten applications are now being accepted! For both programs, we are encouraging families to complete the paperwork early so staffing and scheduling can be completed.
To attend Kindergarten in September 2018, students must turn 5 years old before December 31, 2018.
Our full day programs run either Mondays, Wednesdays and alternating Fridays OR Tuesdays, Thursdays and alternating Fridays.
We invite you to call or visit River Valley School to find out more about the wonderful opportunities waiting for your child. There are no school fees for Kindergarten students in Chinook’s Edge School Division.
- Our program is an intervention based program for children that fit particular criteria with delays in one or more of the following areas: speech/language, social/emotional regulation, fine/gross motor, and/or medical, etc. (3 year olds with significant needs OR 4 year olds with significant or mild/moderate needs or English as a Second Language)
- Pre-Kindergarten provides a literacy rich learning environment
- We offer half-day programming 3 days every week (Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday)
- Screening is a part of the application process and will occur at the school in the spring
- There is no charge for children to attend the program
- If you think this program might benefit your child, based on the above information, we very much look forward to seeing your application and potentially having you join the River Valley School family!
- Visit our Pre-Kindergarten page for more information!